Here is the current incarnation of my drawing program. I’m pleased that I was able to say “I’m going to make this thing” and then I made that thing. It’s not perfect but it is certainly a reasonable sketch of what I had in my mind two months ago. After using it a bit – the interaction makes more sense to me on phone. Open this with Chrome on yr phone please.
Above is screen shot of the working mobile version. I took out the frame/screenshot function because: a) i wanted to save space on the smaller screen and b) it felt more intuitive to simply use the screen shot function of my iPhone rather than tap to save.
The interaction needs work. The grab function makes it so pretty soon when you move your mouse/finger closer to other blades they get picked up as well. and eventually you have a rotating ball of grass. It’s difficult to render an image without the other blades following yr current movement. It is easier on the phone, I think perhaps because there is a smaller frame and takes less time to place a blade where and how you want it. I want to continue working on this program and eventually iterate with different images, objects other than grass. More mobile, always.
The screen version has a delete function when you press a key. This is super broken and is most likely the first thing I need to work on when the semester ends.